Log in

No account? Create an account
Got Milk?
Posted on Wednesday 12 August 2009 at 9:13 pm

Roommate Crisis, Yet Again

I got a call from the landlord's agent. She said that the potential roommate's credit check came back with problems, mostly 12 to 15 late payments. She said that the landlord has neither approved nor denied him at this point but wanted my opinion since I'd be the one stuck covering for him on rent and all bills. I said I was very leery of putting myself in that kind of a situation but that I would need to talk with the other roommate who was not home at the moment. That was around 5:00 and it is now 9:00, the roommate still isn't home, and I'm tired and kind of want to take a shower and get into bed because I've been going to bed ridiculously early the past few nights since I think I'm still recovering from NYC. When we last exchanged emails, the potential roommate said he would like to move in on Thursday or possibly Friday if he was approved which means possibly, oh, tomorrow. If he isn't going to be able to move in, I've got to let him know NOW and I've got to get moving once again on finding someone else. How long should I wait for the current roommate to get home to discuss this with her before making a unilateral decision and sending emails to him and other potential roommates?

EDIT: The current roommate got home. She had a phone number for the potential roommate so I called him. He said that he doesn't understand what is going on and knows of no problem with his credit. I gave him the number for the landlord's people and he is going to call in the morning. If he can straighten it out with them and it turns out to be some kind of error, fine. If not, I'm not willing to risk having to pay someone else's rent and bills so I'll have to try to get someone else. In either case, a decision will have to be made tomorrow because I don't have time to dicker.


(no subject) - (Anonymous)
bratty_jedi at 3:15 am on 13 August 2009 (UTC) (Link)
LOL. A studio would be much easier but I can't afford it. The rent on studios in this area is at least $100 more than my share of my rent, plus I'd have to cover all utilities myself. Obviously things like electric would be cheaper, but internet wouldn't. This'll all work out. I have confidence.

   Leave a New Comment
Previous Entry  Next Entry